Atlanta Metropolitan State College
The Solomon Amendment
The Solomon Amendment, a federal law, mandates that
institutions receiving certain federal agency funding must
fulfill military recruitment requests for access to campus and
for lists containing student recruiting information. The Solomon Amendment allows personally identifiable student information to be released to recruiters that would have been denied them under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). Student Recruiting information is defined as:
- Class Level
- Academic Major
- Degrees Received
- Most Recent Educational Institution Attended
Requesting Recruitment Information
Military Recruiters are required:
- to submit their request in writing, on letterhead that clearly identifies their military recruiting organization, to Atlanta Metropolitan State College, 1630 Metropolitan Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30310, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Fax - 404-756-5686
- to complete a "Solomon Amendment Request for Information order form". Click here for the form.
General Information about Solomon Amendment
- Information released is limited to the current semester or the previous semester. If the request is received between semesters, the requestor must specify previous semester or upcoming semester.
- Students must be in an enrolled status.
- If a student requests that their directory information be withheld under FERPA, this protection will be honored under Solomon; the student's records will not be released.